While being in nature benefits everyone, it’s essential for people in recovery. Being in nature allows people to unplug and disconnect from their typical environment.
Mental health disorders and addiction frequently occur together, and getting back to nature is a helpful addition to any treatment program. People use substances to cope with suffering and underlying psychiatric disorders.
Technology and unhealthy habits develop further contribute to addiction, leading to deteriorating self-esteem and self-image.
Benefits of Being in Nature
- Improve self-image
- Develop self-reliance
- Advance self-sufficiency skills
- Sunlight soothes the mind
- Removes people from unhealthy environments filled with fast-food, technology, and artificial lighting
- Lowers depression and anxiety
- Lowers stress
- Increases serotonin and helps maintain balance in mood
- Helps treat SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
- Helps improve natural circadian rhythm and treats sleep deprivation
- Lowers cardiovascular disease
- Lowers blood pressure
- Prevents obesity
- Connects mind, body, and spirit
- Available to everyone
- Increases social skills
Activities in Nature
- Meeting outdoors
- Visiting any body of water; creek, lake, river, or brook
- Practice mindfulness on nature walks- using your senses to notice the environment
- Stand-Up Paddleboarding (SUP)
At Alta Loma Transformational Living, you will meet knowledgeable, compassionate professionals that understand addiction in all its forms. Alta Loma uses an integrative and holistic approach to treat addiction and mental health issues. No treatment is one-size-fits-all, where you will have a team of experts prepared to create your customized treatment plan.
We offer care for your mind, body, and spirit, so that you can heal from the inside out and look forward to a lifetime of sobriety and wellness. If you are ready to take the first step in your recovery, please call us at 866-457-3843.