The journey to health and wellness is dynamic, challenging, beautiful, and unique to every one of us. Many of us are blessed to have support systems, mental health professionals, or other recovery resources that empower and support us on this path. Still, our ability to navigate our own internal world is just as important as anything we do externally.
With so many rapid transformations during recovery, how can we mentor and lead ourselves? Trust in your innate skills and ability to lead and mentor your life! The question still remains, however: How do you even get started? Here are some ideas to explore.
Self-Mentoring Can Mean:
- Checking in with your physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental health weekly.
- Realizing where, when, and in what situations you need help or guidance.
- Paying attention to areas in your life that have been overlooked or ignored.
- Making better choices and selecting activities that support your wellbeing.
- Brainstorming creative solutions for problems, and running them by others for input.
- Pursuing what you genuinely want out of life with action and accountability plans.
- Continuously learning, growing, and expanding in ways that bring you joy and peace.
- Staying connected to people or groups that genuinely care about your wellbeing, and will check on you if you are struggling.
Self-Leadership Can Mean:
- Checking in with yourself to make sure your words match your actions.
- Tracking your motives and intentions.
- Paying attention to resentments, bitterness, and unprocessed pain.
- Ensuring that you are leading yourself with authentic love.
- Being of service and supporting others who are pursuing paths of healing and recovery.
- Having uncompromising limits and boundaries and holding yourself to a healthy standard.
- Taking responsibility for your actions and past behavior without putting yourself down.
- Transforming your life and reprioritizing yourself.
At Alta Loma Transformational Living, you will meet knowledgeable, compassionate professionals that understand addiction in all its forms. Alta Loma uses an integrative and holistic approach to treat addiction and mental health issues. No treatment is one-size-fits-all, where you will have a team of experts prepared to create your customized treatment plan. We offer care for your mind, body, and spirit, so that you can heal from the inside out and look forward to a lifetime of sobriety and wellness. If you are ready to take the first step in your recovery, call us at 866-457-3843.